Another Cryptic TI Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Every now and then True Image 9.0 Home [3677] does something totally weird out of the blue. Here's the latest:

I have a scheduled backup task that has been running perfectly well for months. Suddenly, for no reason that I can think of, because I haven't made any changes to the task or to True Image, the task fails intermittantly. By that I mean, usually the task executes flawlessly, but on some days it fails. The next day, everything is back to normal!

Looking in the log, this is the error message I see on the days the task fails:

No such script "18205FA7-EB80-4C5C-83A6-EC3D62D2D843"
    Failed to process pair script:18205FA7-EB80-4C5C-83A6-EC3D62D2D843.

What does that mean? o_O

Just now I checked the properties of this scheduled task ('Edit the selected task'), and after the screen on which I "Create new full backup archive" I see this warning message:

An incremental backup file with this name already exists...

Huh? I have never created an incremental backup file with TI. I only do full backups. What incremental backup file is TI talking about? o_O

My initial thought is that the scheduled task has somehow gotten corrupted. I've seen other cryptic TI error messages - as in 'this task cannot be edited because it was created with a newer version of TI' when I'm actually using the newest version - and these were always resolved by wiping out the scheduled task and re-creating it.

Do these error messages - "no such script" and "an incremental backup file already exists" - point to something specific that someone recognizes and could explain? Or is this just another case of a corrupted backup task?

And if the latter, does it seem a little unsettling that I have to delete and re-create my backup jobs every few months because they get corrupted?

As I'm writing this, at 12:01 am, my scheduled backup job started executing. Only according to the schedule, it's supposed to execute at 9:00 am.

Many thanks for your help. [BTW, the 12:01 backup ran correctly, aside from the timing.]

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Bulldog

Have you made any changes to your Firewall settings?

3. bulldog356

Yes: I removed Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5 - my subscription was about to expire - and replaced it with Zone Alarm AntiVirus 6.5 with a clean install. I allowed ZA-AV to detect my programs as they ran, and I'm pretty sure that True Image has the same permissions under ZA-AV as it did under ZA-ISS.

If you think this might have caused a problem I'm open to any suggestions you have. Thanks for your help.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Bulldog

In order to test I suggest that you do the following:

• Disconnect from the internet
    • Disable the Firewall
    • Let the backup run (several times to really test)

If the problem does not reoccur then this might indicate a Firewall setting.

If the problem still occurs it might still be the Firewall. To completely disable some Firewalls you need to remove it from the startup and restart :'(

Painfull I know but it really is the only way.... :ouch:

5. bulldog356

Thanks, Tabvla. Before I had a chance to read your response I cleared my firewall of all entries related to True Image. I then re-booted and ran a manual backup. This allowed the firewall to re-register all its permissions for True Image. If the next few days are problem free I guess my problem is solved. If not, I'll just delete the scheduled backup job and re-create it. Although it's a minor annoyance, it only takes a few minutes. Re-creating the backup job has always worked for me in the past.

If re-creating the backup still doesn't fix my problem, I will try the steps you suggested.

6. bulldog356

Well, as I suspected (unfortunately), deleting and re-creating the scheduled backup task did the trick.

It seems that every few months I have to do this (delete and re-create a scheduled backup task), since the backup tasks become corrupted, each time for a different reason. Really makes you wonder what's up with this program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.