Another: Am I in trouble? Hacked?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by COMPUTERGUY99, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMPUTERGUY99

COMPUTERGUY99 Registered Member

I am having security problems also..something I have never seen before..wondering if you might have heard of anything like this..or any idea what might cause it.

Someone or some program is causing my computer to really act wierd. When I use a web based email program such as Yahoo and try to send to my mapi program at work...when I input my user name it changes it to Mcdog. At first, I thought it was some kind of glitch..but this has happened repeatedly at one machine...and not at another...so I am sure that it is machine specific. I have run every spyblaster known , mcafee updates regularly, reconfigured my MSIE to not do almost anything..even changed from microsoft Java to Sun Javas' latest. I suspect that someone has hacked me and done something wierd, but I have no clue what could cause this...even when I go online and try to register at a free greeting card site...when I put in my email address correctly...it changes to this mcdog junk no matter what I do....and I have serached the registry.....nada!!!..Have you ever heard of any such nonsense?

any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

2. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

You better contact and register with myNetwatchman.
    here's the link: http://www.mynetwatchman.com
    They will monitor your pc and track down the hacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.