Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

lol, my first time here in over a year and I see nothing has changed in this regard. I know it's not the answer anyone wants to hear (and it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear when I first got into this)... but it is however still the best advice regardless: you have to test them out for yourself. By browsing this thread it's clear that individual results vary.

You have to put your trust somewhere. You have to take their word on if they store logs or not. As has been stated many times, one tends not to put their trust in US based companies, and most EU nations as well. Sweden is generally known to fight for your privacy rights. A company that makes simple, anonymous payment methods (cash, prepaid gift cards), and doesn't ask nosy questions about personal information would certainly gain my trust over the next guy. Mullvad grades out well with these criteria. It's ridiculous that there aren't more options that provide these payment methods, namely the prepaid gift cards.

And all that empirical evidence aside, you have to go with your gut feeling. Do their responses seem cold & automated, like you're dealing with a robot instead of a real person? Or do they seem like good people, sincere/genuine? An example that comes to mind is when I signed up for Sandboxie... the thank you/response I got from Tzuk. It wasn't your normal activation/confirmation email. I felt almost like I'd become part of a family, not merely bought a product. Okay, that may seem a tad sensationalist, but you know what I'm getting at. I got that feeling from a certain company. And although I didn't try Boleh for myself, get that feeling from a rep that posts in here as well.

But your experiences may completely differ from my own.

I hoped that after a year I might come in here and see that someone(s) had found the holy grail VPN. A company located outside of not only US/EU authority/regulations, but EARTHLY (located on the moon)... accepting prepaid Visa gift cards as payment, fast as lightning, multi-hop, and all that jazz. But nothing has changed at all.

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

well i just so happen to live next to a bank ... a couple blocks down,no car required ;) , anyhow then tormail it is ;)

update: thou for my vpn signup id rather use something else than tormail , since like mirimir mentioned about your identiy or vpn account being associated with tormail ...not good so for that id rather use 10minute mail and just update my email info as required once i have a problem with the vpn and i need support , btw you can extend it to 20 or guerillamail ...indefinite as required ;) , thou for bitcoin purchase i recon it not being a problem aka scrambling on bitcoin cache x3 and it should be completely untraceable ;)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I wouldn't use banks within 200 Km, but maybe I'm too paranoid.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

LucideDream....nice post.

About the prepaid Visa cards. Due to the CARD act, prepaid cards can no longer be legally processed for international transactions, including third party merchants who then pass on money to international businesses. I have found that all of my prepaid cards, that have always worked before, have been rejected when it's to an international seller of services or whatever. Sad.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the CARD act gave the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System regulatory authority over prepaid cards and it's the Federal Reserve that invoked the new rules that began in the spring.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  5. happyyarou666

yes you are ;)

6. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Not necessarily, not everybody lives in friendly places. 200km is short compared to life in prison :D

PD

7. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Quoting myself here ^^^^ only to say that I just got a prepaid card today and the documentation now says the card cannot be used for international transactions or for subscription services in the U.S.

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Federal Reserve :p Nothing FEDERAL about them ! They are a private company, so who the hell are they to dictate what people can & can't do :thumbd: It's about time MORE people knew Exactly who/what the FR really are & Actually do !

@ LockBox

My post is Not directed at you, just the message.

9. happyyarou666

perhaps sending it per mail with a digit stamp that you can purchase over your cellphone it contains no info pertaining your location or name etc, that you can then simply write down on your letter with the money in it , that would be something for you perhaps ;), thats what im gona do after abit of thinking ive been doin , and all the mentioning of 200km banks :)

10. luciddream

Gee, how convenient... It appears that "somebody" doesn't want people being able to make anonymous payments. And wants to be able to track every transaction one makes. They make it a point to target subscription services in particular... aka, VPN's. I see no coincidence there.

That makes cash the only viable, truly anonymous payment method I can think of. Liberty Reserve, BitCoin, etc... are not truly anonymous. They leave tracks that can (and don't fool yourself, WILL) be followed. With that in mind, Mullvad is the only VPN I can truly recommend. Send them cash money + your Customer ID in an envelop with no return address, and you're up and running with no trail left behind.

I rarely use a VPN anymore, and my subscription is about to run out. If I decide to use one again, it will be Mullvad. Unless someone can enlighten me about another one that accepts cash worth looking at?...

11. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That sucks. So you can't even use them for subscriptions? Maybe you can with a Rush Card. I get money through paypal from a file sharing service. I was curious about getting paid anonymously with a prepaid debit. I wanted to know if it was possible to sell the service anonymously and also get paid anonymously.

Rush Card (a prepaid card service) told me that they can actually verify a Paypal account. Normally you need a regular bank account for that. They have their own routing number and you use JP Morgan as the bank.

http://www.rushcard.com/faq/question.aspx?id=45

They also said that their card can be used at ATM's.

http://www.rushcard.com/howitworks/where.aspx

I never actually tried this because I have a Paypal debit card that I use at ATMs and this is just so much more convenient, without the extra fees.

But if, say, I created an anonymous Paypal account and used a prepaid Rush Card to verify that account, then I could transfer money from Paypal to Rush Card and withdraw it as checking from an ATM. If it is possible to apply for and receive the card anonymously, then it seems that you could use it like a regular debit card, anonymously because it looks like a regular debit card complete with routing number and bank name. And of course withdrawing from an ATM, you will need your handy dandy nose and mustache glasses.

images.jpg

12. happyyarou666

lols gona get me one of those handy dandy noses to complete my anonymous outfit xD

p.s: ive just received my bitcoins ...anonymously !! imagine that ;) as described per anonymous buying method above , no traceability no cameras no nothing, now its into the washing machine with them 3 or 4 times for a minimum fee , so theyre clean ;), the result? wheve just turned a pseudonymous payment method into a 100% complete anonymous payment method that cant be beat , safe from government laws, id love to see them trace that!! ;), airvpn here i come!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

air vpn are **** there servers to me are slow so onto new pastures

14. happyyarou666

well as ive said in my vpn thread awhile back the fastest are bwprivacy , thou in terms of security and safety , wich is a very important factor , yeah id recommend airvpn , or mullvad if you want even slower speeds but pure swedish goodness :ninja:

p.s: if you find anything that can offer the security airvpn or mullvad offer with the speed of bwprivacy please do tell ;)

15. rdebruin

rdebruin Registered Member

Well, I have a problem with bwprivacy. Paid with Paypal six days ago but my account is not updated. Have sent them several emails but no reply. Are they out of business or on holidays (one man operation)?

16. rdebruin

rdebruin Registered Member

Well, after two weeks still no answer. I've filed two claims (Paypal).

I would advise not to use bwprivacy until this is sorted out.

17. happyyarou666

hmmmm....doesnt sound too good for bwprivacy and they was looking rather good on the anonymous payment option /privacy front , perhaps theyre speeds was too good to be true afterall?

p.s: yes maybe they are on holidays , a loooong holiday lols , id try and contact support once more perhaps youll get ahold of someone

18. dread

dread Registered Member

Is there an updated list that shows the good ones? From what I have seen not many will take paysafecard or Rixty. What are some anonymous ways to pay the vpn?

19. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

BolehVPN and Insorg take Liberty Reserve.

20. happyyarou666

bitcoins ftw! you can pay with bitcoins in an 100% anonymous way , wich i personally recommend as it is the safest method and most anonymous possible if you follow the simple rules weve discussed not too long ago in this thread , no surveillance no backtracking no nothing ;) , bitcoins should be accepted by most good vpns

p.s: for now i recommend the following vpns :

airvpn
    mullvad
    bolehvpn
    bwprivacy<seem to have problems with support and paypal payments atm thou hmmm...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  21. Gnikf

Gnikf Registered Member

after the new laws for data retention in Sweden, aren't Sweden VPNs out of the top lists?

22. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

From what I recall from Countermail and AirVPN, they are not ISP's, so it shouldn't apply. But do a search because my memory is failing. Send an email to the providers, that would get you the most current info.

PD

23. luciddream

Have a link with info. regarding this? I know they've been trying to push such a thing for a long time now, but didn't hear it went through.

If so, my God, there's nothing left...

24. Countermail

Countermail Registered Member

25. If there is a VPN you want a review of let me know. I'll be doing in depth reviews for a blog/webpage I'm just starting to write at.

I also hope to bring you discounts and some promo codes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.