Anonymous Posting?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by ronjor, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What is the general consensus among registered members concerning "guest posts" on Wilder's? Good or bad?

I am aware it is allowed by policy at this time.

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Don't know enough about the Pro's and Cons to comment.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'm not crazy about guest-posting, but who am I to argue with Paul (and whoever else is involved)? Since registration is free, why not register if you want to post?

The vast majority of the board-groups I'm active with permit non-registered guests to view postings but not to post (originals or replies) themselves. If someone's looking for assistance with a problem but doesn't want to register, it's highly likely they'll find answers using searches here.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I just want to make clear I am not arguing with the policy. Just curious about other members opinions. :)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

We discussed this once before and I believe that the concenses was that allowing guest posting it gives the posters time to see if they like the forum and would like to register. I personally don't like guest posters to be able to respond reguarding problems that are posted and need help.

but that is my personal opinion.

bigc

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I once had to post as a guest when I had problems logging in. It was the only way I could get my problem recified. I was grateful that I could do this otherwise I would still be sitting here trying to figure out what the problem was. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.