Anonymizer vs. GhostSurf

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jasonwyz98, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonwyz98

jasonwyz98 Registered Member

hi

i want to know which prog provides better protection, hiding my identity (id, etc.)

Here's my situation, i was banned from amazon.com from registering for a seller account, but it was NOT my fault i issued full refund to the buyer but he complaint anyway.

now i want to register a new seller account but they banned by ip.

anyone know anything about how amazon.com tracks people (other than using cookies, ips, account)?

thanks

2. jasonwyz98

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

heres a thread on anonymizer
    a thread on ghostsurf

of the two, ive tried ghostsurf. it worked well and it wasnt too slow, but it didnt seem to work with gmail and sometimes other sites didnt work too.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I used GhostSurf 2005 in 2005. I was thrilled by its hidding IP ability, but later found out that it simply rerouted your signal thru its own server, and would slow down speed if higher security level was chosen. When 2006 version was made available, I did not bother upgrade. Its owner also have an anti-spyware" Spycatcher" available, a F.P. enriched app. do not touch it, IOM. I switched to Anonymizer, but this baby was acturally on annual subscription-in other words, you have to pay every year lease fee, which I would not have bought it if I had known before hand. Anyway, its service constantly broke down, often I did not have its service for a whole day, I could not conduct my some kind of missions. I ditched it just 2 months later, and never looked back, again it rerouted your signals thru its own server. You may want to try Hide IP platinum, I used it for 6 months, it has globe-wide servers for you to choose from. I could not reinstall it lately due to some missing system files. But again, it did slow down your connections. It did have the best effect of hiding your true IPs. You could have several different IPs within very short period of time. It is an ideal tool for a secret mission. :)

5. jasonwyz98

thanks for the replies.

have you guys tried Anonymizer's Total Net Shield, how does it compare to other VPNs. any recommendations.

thanks

6. raco

raco Registered Member

Hi jasonwyz98,

I tried Total Net Shield, you should read this thread. If you just want to bypass amazon's blacklist, it is probably enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.