Annoyances in ERAC v3

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Capp, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I just upgraded my ERAC to v3 and now I have 2 annoyances I can't seem to go away.
    They both occur right after launching the ERAC.

1) It pops up the password box, even though I have it checked to save password. The password is in the correct box and it goes away if I click "OK", but in previous versions, with this checked, it never asked for it when I opened the console. Now it does every time.

I tried clearing the password and then re-entering it, but it does the same thing.

2) It warns me everytime I open the console about the "License Warning", telling me I am approaching the license limit.
    I know I am because I bought enough licenses for my network so I am maxed out. I have no intention of adding new systems, so I'll always be at the maximum number of clients for my license.

I went under the Notification Manager and completely deleted the License Warning Rule from the list. The only license rule left is the expiring license rule, which is fine. But even after I removed the rule, it keeps showing me this message everytime I open the console.

Any ideas?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

2) Ok, I figured out where else to turn off the license warning. So, that is fixed.

But can anything be done about the password screen coming up every time?

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I don't think there is anything that can be done about #1 in the current version oft the RAC. It is prompting you each time because they change the authentication scheme so it now supports the administrator and read-only modes.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Oh that's right. I forgot about that. Oh well then I guess

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Yep, bugs me too :) And I manage a dozen, totally separate servers (for customers).

Also for me:

3) No way to enter a default username and password for push installs, I have to enter them each time I push a batch of PCs.

4) Remote Install is single-threaded. Each computer is done in turn, one after another. For a site of 60 computers, that takes pretty much the entire day when the ERAC is locked out....

Jim

6. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

My annoyance - you mark an exception to be "DELETED" but instead it is stored as something to be added. This has continued for way too long and should be fixed, imo.

7. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I have a bug in with Eset on that one and they said it should be fixed in the next release of the RAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.