Android Tablet PC Physical Connection to Hotel Internet through Ethernet Connection

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Android Tablet PC Physical Connection to Hotel Internet through Ethernet Connection

If you want a little more speed plus added security than Hotel Wireless Internet, is it possible/feasible to make a setup like (or similar to) the following to connect to the Hotel's Provided Internet Service?:

Tablet PC's USB Port -> USB/Ethernet Adapter -> Travel Router -> Hotel CAT5 Internet Connection.

Travel Router Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833181165

I guess that another option would be to just make a 'Secure' Wireless Connection to the Travel Router with the Travel Router connected to the Hotel's CAT5 Connection.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

That adapter does not provide a layer of security the router provides. That said, the suggestion was about speed and adding yet another device in between will NOT increase your speed.

My advice at hotels and other free hot spots is to connect, finish what you are doing quickly, then disconnect.

If the free service provider does not provide a secure connection, don't use it.

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

About 10 months ago my job duties resulted in some limited travel. Most of the Hotels where I have stayed did not have the Guest PC boot Menu locked out. What I have been doing is using a Linux Live Distro (i.e., Puppy Linux Slacko, etc.) on those PC's. When I finished with the Hotel's Guest PC's, I would just restart the PC.

I mainly want the convenience of using my own PC or Tablet to 'Safely' access the Internet in the Hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.