Android Phone Taken-Over For Several Minutes

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by TheKid7, Aug 30, 2022.

1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

This morning I clicked on a link on a news website which took me to a rumble video that I wanted to watch.

A very short time after getting on rumble my phone seemed to go crazy. Windows were popping up, including my Bitdefender Free AV. I couldn't close any of the windows. I got desperate and tried to restart the phone but the restart button would not stay on long enough for me to click on it. This went on for several minutes when it finally stopped. I was then able to restart the phone. When the phone had restarted I noticed that it had Airplane Mode enabled. I turned off Airplane Mode and the phone seems to be working normally now. I ran a scan with Bitdefender Free and nothing showed up. I decided to start the Trial of Bitdefender Paid Version. I then ran a scan with the Bitdefender Paid Version and nothing was detected.

The Bitdefender Paid Version scan results did show something about my email address being compromised (or something like that) three (3) times. I am not sure if this occurred today or was something from the past.

What would you do as a next step?

Thanks in Advance.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Off the top of my head I would change all my passwords straight away.
    You could always have a check on your email here for dates and sites where you were pwned

https://haveibeenpwned.com

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

+1. and i would hard reset the phone.

4. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

This could be hardware issue, software bug causing graphical glitches or sophisticated malware.

5. imdb

imdb Registered Member

you mean like ghost touch?

6. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

Yeah, exactly.

7. Melionix

Melionix Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.