Android network forensics app: viaProtect

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by FOXP2, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

viaProtect (public preview)
    VIAFORENSICS
    v1.0.8
    https://www.viaprotect.com/

I didn't know quite where to post this one up. Since this app builds up data one might parse and construct from a firewall log, this is as good a place as any, I think. A moderator may have a better idea. :)

The name is somewhat misleading as this app doesn't really protect anything; "yourself-protection" is a more apt summarization.

Instead you get detailed audit and analysis of your Android's connectivity and if there's another app out there delivering this fine a level of brass tacks analysis, I haven't bumped into it yet.

There's nothing more, without paraphrasing, I can write up that isn't covered by the developer at their Web site or the Play Store

And screen shots at the store pretty much wrap up the apps' look and feel but one can open an account for a dashbaord and data sets where information in even greater detail is presented.

I've attached screenies (off my desktop) of two of the more interesting intel gathered.

Cheers.
    000906.jpg
    000907.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Do you feel this has value on a non-rooted phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.