And EMON?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sir_carew, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I've installed on a Win XP the NOD32 version 2.0.
    I also have as default mail client The Bat! 2.0 and Internet Explorer as web browser.
    I've Outlook XP (The Outlook XP have folder and others files damaged), and In the NOD main windows, only appear Amon, Imon and NOD scanner. Why EMON not appear?
    I don't use Outlook and Exchange, but why EMON don't appear?, affect my security if I don't use MAPI compatible clients, but I've turned ON Imon?
    EMON not appear because The Outlook XP is damaged?
    And every time that I start the on-demand scan, appears a message that said: "Microsoft Outlook. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." What's the problem? affect the good work of NOD it message? It's the reason that EMON not appear? :)
    Thanks
    I'm newbie using NOD, but not KAV, I recently change to NOD for the bad support of Kaspersky, but it's other matter :D

2. SaracenBlade

SaracenBlade Guest

In the on-demand scanner Setup, un-check "Use MAPI interface".

3. sir_carew

Hello, very Thanks for your quickly reply ;)
    And the others question, if normal that EMON not appear if I don't have Outlook or Exchange, or Outlook and Exchange are damaged?
    Affect my security if I don't use Outlook or Exchange, please reply it.
    Best regards,

4. sigcantlogin

sigcantlogin Guest

EMON isn't installed/doesn't show up if you're not using a MAPI email client as in my case.

IMON is the Pop 3 email scanner for Outlook Express and other POP 3 email clients. EMON is the MAPI scanner for MAPI clients such as Outlook. If you're not using a MAPI email client you have no need for EMON.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi sir_carew

Outlook needs to be in the 'corporate' mode for EMON to be installed. So you must have the recent Outlook, as only versions 97 or 2000 can be run in corporate mode.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11103

Surprised you had problems with KAV support, the unofficial site over at the Ikonboard, which I know you frequented, I have found to be very good.

The Bat and IMON work perfectly on my laptop. So you should have no problems there.

Good luck with NOD.

6. sir_carew

Hello, Thanks for your reply.
    Ikonboard is excellent, the bad is the newvirus department at Kaspersky Lab Russia.
    The "expert" excluding Eugene are very ignorant.
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.