Analyzing partition...

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by shade42, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shade42

shade42 Registered Member

I tried Disk Director for the 1st time yesterday (run from a boot CD of the latest version) and it wouldn't start up. It displayed "Analyzing partition C:..." and appeared to have hung at that point.

This seems a little odd as the free GParted utility read the disk fine, and BartPE with the free utility MBRWizard read & fixed it.

The disk was just a standard IDE drive with 1st partition NTFS and 2nd partition FAT32. Windows 98 setup had been run and aborted, which is what had messed it up. To fix it with MBRWizard I just needed to change the active partition back to the first one and delete an empty partition at the end.

Suffice to say I was not impressed with Disk Director. Is this problem going to be fixed soon?

2. techweenie

techweenie Registered Member

I had this problem once on an older computer and worked around it by choosing the safe or minimal (or whatever they call it) version.

3. shade42

shade42 Registered Member

The safe version had the same problem IIRC.

I've just had the same problem on another machine. This time the safe version started, but didn't read a hard disk attached to the second IDE connector. I attached it to the 1st connector instead and everything worked.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.