An observation of Imon on dial-up

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marcromero, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Being on dial-up, if I have all Threat Sense scanning engine options in Imon> setup> miscellaneous> scanner enabled my web pages load slower, if I disable potentially danderous applications, my web pages load faster, has anyone else experienced this on dial-up? high speed users would most probably not even notice this change in web page loading, but it is very noticable on my system while using dial-up. Just thought I'd share this observation with other dial-up users.

2. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

My friend disabled IMON for the same reason. He says it slows his dialup to unbearable speeds.

3. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I didn't disable Imon, just the scanning engine option > potentially dangerous applications, which is disabled by default during installation.

4. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Sorry, I misread your first post. I'll pass that info on to him and see if that helps any. Thanks for the reply.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Strange.....I've had absolutely no problems using IMON at max settings with my dial up connection. :doubt:

6. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I haven't had any problems either, it just seems to load pages a tad faster with potentially dangerous applications disabled on my laptop, maybe I'm seeing things that aren't really there. o_O

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

No problems here either.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What sort of speed is your dial-up networking connection, and what do the Ping (filename: PING.EXE) and Traceroute (filename: TRACERT.EXE) results look like from your computer to your web host with both IMON enabled and disabled?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.