An interesting but seemingly harmless error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodgy, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

TI v11:8053.

Trawling through my application error logs I see that Acronis Scheduler throws an error on machine boot.

It registers as an EVENT 1 and the error description is " Scheduler can not run task with GUID "" and command "".

So something is passed a null, but what I wonder?

Colin

2. como

como Registered Member

I assume you have Scheduled backups? I prefer to manually start backups and do not see any errors in event logs

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bodgy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It's possible that some scheduled task got corrupted. Please do the following to remove it:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;
    - Issue the following command:

get list

- Look for the task that doesn't have a corresponding script file in the task scripts folder (Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicaton Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts for Windows XP, ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts for Windows Vista);
    - Issue the following commands:

task #-# (where #-# is the number ahead of the task in question, for example 1-5)
    task delete

The problem should be gone now.
    Alternatively, if you don't mind recreating existing tasks, you can use "task zap" command from the start. That will delete all tasks including the problem one.

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
    - Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;
    - Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;
    - Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;
    - Wait until the error appears again;
    - Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.