An Error while updating SpywareBlaster 3.4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Monstruo2D2, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monstruo2D2

Monstruo2D2 Registered Member

When trying to update SpywareBlaster, the following error is displayed: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is denied. "

Hi everyone, this message did show up in the process of updating SpywareBlaster and I did try to find a clue somewhere but nothing. Finally trying to find out where the access was denied in my system I did try to unistall the program and another message did show up "access denied" it says that was used by another program, in other words no way to delete it so without closing the opened programs I decided to go back with the installation process to see where my optional changes where made and I did realize that when I had to choose for allowing the program to install a shortcut on my desktop I denied the process so when I did switch back the option the error was gone and the updating completed. The reason why because the only file remaining to be changed was the one on the desktop but if I would ignored the error perhaps that file would never be updated or changed and another be created.

This happened to me so I hope if someone has the same case this tip can help.

[MOVE]thank you![/MOVE] :D

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Did you try to update with the protection disabled? Then renable after the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.