An error occurred while downloading updates...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carbonyl, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

I just checked in on the status of my NOD32 updates when I realized that I was running 4706 definitions while 4707 were available. To my chagrin, I noticed that NOD was saying 'An error occurred while updating the definitions', or something to this effect.

A manual update cleared the error and updated to definitions 4707, but I'm slightly concerned that this would happen in the first place. I can't find any logs which recorded the error, so I can't be sure what happened to cause it in the first place. Is there somewhere I can find more complete error logs for NOD?

Is a failure to update like this an indication of some malware interfering with NOD? A full scan came back clean... Ditto with MBAM.

2. Bonnie

Bonnie Registered Member

Having a similar problem. Windows Security Center is telling me that NOD32 is out of date and a manual update won't work. My licence expires on 06 January 2010 but I'd like to think that isn't the reason. An Eset problem?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What error mesage do you get when attempt to update manually?

4. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

I didn't receive an error on manual update - Manual update actually worked fine. It's the initial difficulty that worries me.

The only error I saw was when I checked the update pane because auto-updating hadn't occurred. The message I saw was a generic 'There was an error while downloading updates' message, but I admit that I executed a manual update before I recorded the error completely. That's why I'm interested if there are log files with more explicit error recordings for NOD stored anywhere?

5. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.