an email that I have not written appeared

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by puma_one, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Hello,

An email message appeared suddenly yesterday on my PC Vista when I was surfing on YouTube and also using Tweetdeck. It was an email who was ready to be sended.

This email was using my program Windows Mail.

I have not written this email but it contains my email address in the section "From:" and was directed "To" : "everyone;".

The subject was : "I Quite!"

The email contained a short text in english.

After verifications, nothing has been sended. I thought in the first time about a virus generating spam from my PC.

I have scanned my computer with Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security (deep scan) but nothing wrong was detected. Also, a rapid scan with Malwarebytes has not given bad result.

So what ? Do you have any recommendations ?

2. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Did you click on anything just before it happened? This could have even been a picture or a blank portion of the screen.

I ask because scripts can automatically have your default mail program get an email ready to be sent. For example, I use it legitimately in one of my article on this page.

3. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Thank you for your answer.

Effectively I was clicking with my mouse on some links on Twitter.

So, I think that you have pointed the solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.