An easy way to keep a customer...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by antipody, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antipody

antipody Registered Member

I've been using NOD32 v1 for almost a year now... I'm now rebuilding my system and was going to upgrade, but can't justify it as none of my incoming email is being scanned due to lack of support for IMAP :(

Surely, it can't be difficult to add this feature!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

AMON will scan attachments upon an attempt to acces them. Anyway, with MS Outlook it's possible that EMON will scan email recieved by Outlook through IMAP.

At home, I use this solution.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Isn't v2 a free upgrade for registered users?

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I'm pretty sure it has also been discontinued...yikes...

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

upgrade to v2!

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Indeed it is. Antipody it's time to upgrade to version 2

Cheers :D

7. antipody

antipody Registered Member

Sur,e attachments may be scanned before being accessed, but I'd prefer they didn't land on my hard drive in the first place. I've had a problems for example when copying my mail from my home desktop to my work laptop when Norton detected the netsky infected mbox files and wouldn't allow them to be copied across.

I wont use Outlook... my email is all via Opera's M2 client.

Oh, and thanks for the info on the upgrade. I didn't realise it was free.. Off to upgrade now, even if it is without IMAP scanning :(

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have just found this thread (still using trial version but will be purchasing v2) a wee bit worried about NOD not scanning e-mail :( I use Outlook 2003 and know NOD is scanning the actual mail as it is stamped - it is a lot quicker to scan with NOD than the other AV I use on my main PC (I hope to replace this with NOD through time also.)

I am very cautious with any attachments even though I know one is coming from a very good friend - I save to a folder and scan again with any AV I have used.

Is the bit about not catching a virus etc only apply if you choose to open the attachment in Outlook itself o_O Are my e-mails being scanned prior to me reading them and saving an attachment to scan in my other partition?

Apologies for asking what may be obvious but NOD is quite different than my previous AV's :oops:

9. Blackspear

This thread is in relation to IMAP, something that you aren't using and nor do the majority of the general public. You would be using standard MS Outlook with a POP3 account (I would gather) which Nod32 automatically configures and protects.

No need to worry.

10. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you Blackspear - I think it was too early in the morning for me but now I realise my POP3 with Outlook is being scanned :) one less thing for me to worry about now ;)

11. Blackspear

LOL, you will be fine with Nod32, just Tweak it to the Max and sit back and relax.

12. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

If NOD came with a relax/chill out button and it worked for me I can assure you it would work for anyone! Will tweak to full power when I have my laptop on very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.