Amust login manager - storage free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wilbertnl, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I recently switched to the Amust 1-login v2.0 login manager and I'm impressed with the way it works.

1-login uses some hash algorithm that generates the same password every time you open the same URL. Which means that it doesn't need to store the password anywhere.
    So, there is no database of encrypted passwords that you have to backup/sync with multiple computers. :thumb:
    In case you are somewhere else and need to login, you can use the online version of this password generator. And of course it generates the same password as the broswer plugin.

Also the master password isn't stored anywhere. :thumb:
    If you need passwords that are not generated, then a database is maintained by 1-login, similar to Roboform. 1-login features automatic synchronizing between computers, though.

At the moment this login manager works only with Internet Explorer. In the forum you can vote for Firefox support.

(Oops, wrong forum...) fixed - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

It sounds like a very interesting concept, that the passwords are not saved anywhere. Right now I can not imagine how they do it, but very intriguing indeed.
    I use roboform and love it, but if something new comes around I am open for it. As soon as an extension for firefox, or why not K-meleon for that matter, appears I will try it.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

4. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I didn't think of the phishing protection: different URL: useless password.

Extension for firefox: PwdHash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.