Amount of Spam

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ghodgson, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Is it me or does the amount of SPAM seem to be declining.?? I have noticed personally about a 50% drop over the last few weeks. Some more of the Spammers locked up perhaps...............yippee

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Check if your mail server/isp is blocking spam at the source.....

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My spam-email also dropped 50%, but over a longer period. In the past about 100, now 50 per day.
    My ISP is able to block spam, but I don't use that option.
    Thunderbird takes care about my spam-emails in one second.
    I don't know the reason for this drop, but the only reason why I still get spam are the USERS themselves, who still read and reply to these emails.
    These users still believe in fairy tales, St. Nicholas and Santa Claus :rolleyes:

4. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Dear Eric Albert,
    Yes, Bad idea to reply to spam, you end up with hundreds. I suppose its the uninformed that may do this. I use Frontgate MX as a spam filter which 'takes care' of my unwanted mails.
    My spam used to be 60 per day now its 20-25, I never answer of course, and I dont allow HTML mails. Seems to be working.....I hope.
    I dont know if my ISP is blocking the spam, but I think not.

5. spamreader

spamreader Guest

I enjoy reading spam in txt mode to see what new technique they are trying to get past bayesian filters. But I never reply of course. Sometimes I report them.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In my newbie time I replied sometimes to these enlargment emails, asking for shortening pills. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.