Amount of Spam

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ghodgson, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Is it me or does the amount of SPAM seem to be declining.?? I have noticed personally about a 50% drop over the last few weeks. Some more of the Spammers locked up perhaps...............yippee

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Check if your mail server/isp is blocking spam at the source.....

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My spam-email also dropped 50%, but over a longer period. In the past about 100, now 50 per day.
    My ISP is able to block spam, but I don't use that option.
    Thunderbird takes care about my spam-emails in one second.
    I don't know the reason for this drop, but the only reason why I still get spam are the USERS themselves, who still read and reply to these emails.
    These users still believe in fairy tales, St. Nicholas and Santa Claus :rolleyes:

4. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Dear Eric Albert,
    Yes, Bad idea to reply to spam, you end up with hundreds. I suppose its the uninformed that may do this. I use Frontgate MX as a spam filter which 'takes care' of my unwanted mails.
    My spam used to be 60 per day now its 20-25, I never answer of course, and I dont allow HTML mails. Seems to be working.....I hope.
    I dont know if my ISP is blocking the spam, but I think not.

5. spamreader

spamreader Guest

I enjoy reading spam in txt mode to see what new technique they are trying to get past bayesian filters. But I never reply of course. Sometimes I report them.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In my newbie time I replied sometimes to these enlargment emails, asking for shortening pills. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.