amon unstable when turning off?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

with the latest .19 version I turned amon off and it tends to crash the whole computer... almost like if you turn it off while its scanning something it will crash?... If I turn it off after it has settled and is not bouncing back and forth between files it turns off and back on ok?

anyone else experience this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no chance utnicking the File system monitor (AMON) enabled checkbox would result in a crash.

3. windstrings

it did it three times.. I have to do a hard reset to get my computer back... if I wAIT till its not scanning then it works.

4. windstrings

I did it again just to test and again it crashed everything....
    here is the sequence:
    1. I turn it off.. it ask me for my password.. it give it and hit ok
    2. it then freezes on the file "windows xp exclamation.wav" (its located in windows media and plays fine when double clicking on it)
    3. then I have to alt, shift, esc to get to task manager to kill nod because its froze and won't respond.
    4. then it goes away.. but things don't work... I try to go into control panel and windows can't find it with and unending hourglass.
    5. then I can't even get windows shutdown to activate... though my mouse and some things still work...
    6. I have to do a hard reset to get it all back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.