AMON, to scan or not to scan ?!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by minacross, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

Am I protected by AMON as it scans the default file extensions? or Do I have to let AMON scan all extensions? o_O

2. sig

sig Registered Member

I thought that in the past the Wilders site's set up pics (for NOD version 1) recommended setting AMON to scan all files. It may, however, slow down things down a bit since it would be scanning all files on access. Perhaps not appreciably, but you'd have to try it and see.

I just checked Wilders and the pics for version 2 don't go into that detail that I can see, just showing the initial set up panel for AMON.

So your question still remains, what is the best setting, going with the default extensions or scanning all files. You do get protection when files with those extensions are accessed and scanned. Those extensions appear to cover the significant file types (as far as I can tell, that is). But I wonder how much, if at all, scanning all files really adds significantly to one's resident protection.

Perhaps someone else can answer that. I'm frankly not sure myself.

3. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi minacross

With the default settings within Amon you are well protected, changing it is just a personal option.

I have set mine to scan with default settings, but when i do a weekly scan i use the "scan all files".

It is just rather personal how you want Amon to run.

Good luck ;)

rgds,
    Martin

4. Vigy

Vigy Registered Member

Hi all,

Matrin, you're right.

I don't recommend to scan all files. Those extensons are the only infectable extensions. You don't have to add anything else. For now. In the future, there could be some new infectable extentions. But they will by add to the extension list if needed.

regards

Vigy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.