AMON.SYS - BSOD for Windows 2003

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quantass, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantass

quantass Registered Member

Im using Windows 2003 Server Enterprise along with Zone Alarm Pro and several other apps. The system runs perfectly fine without any problems. When i restart/shutdown the PC (after saving your settings) there is almost always a BSOD from the AMON.SYS driver. Why does this occur and how can i avoid it?

I do not have any other antivirus software installed and all hardware has checked out.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi quantass, welcome to Wilders.

You may wish to review the parts of this post that cover the Microsoft recomendations for AV software on your particular setup and see if that makes any difference.

Very briefly for a server OS IMON should be fully disabled (grey, not red) as it is by default on these platforms. Probably not an issue for you since you mention AMON.SYS

Also there are some files/folders and extensions that Microsoft recommend should be excluded from scanning. These are fully covered in the linked Microsoft documents I beleive.

Please post back if you would like more info or this does not resolve your issue.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.