AMON question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ham, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ham

ham Registered Member

we regularly get an alert pop up on the server. It is from the AMON mod. It finds a virus in exchange store. I'm a little unclear about this. amon is a file level scanner, correct? Why is this finding things in exchange when we have the exchange module?

I'm sure I'm probably just not understanding something, but my understanding is file level scanning is bad on a server, esp exchange.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yes, AMON is a file level scanner. You say that you also have XMON installed, but AMON is still scanning inside the Exchange store?

My understanding is that you are supposed to create some AMON exclusions so that the Exchange store does not get scanned by AMON (and all the Exchange scanning gets done by XMON, instead). Since I do not use XMON, I am kind of foggy on this though.

Try looking through this thread for some tips. Maybe there is something in your configuration that is not quite standard, so you may have to adjust the AMON exclusions yourself.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=111273

3. ham

ham Registered Member

thanks that was helpful. I was sure I had previously set up these exclusions then I remembered we added new clients and licences for them, which also involved downloading an upgraded version of nod. With this I guess the settings did not remain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.