AMON-False alert when GoogleDesktop reindexing?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by racketeer66, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

My Friends!

Please help me to understand the incident below!

I had this alert in my virus-log:

Time Modul Object Name Virus Action User Information
    2006.08.11. 1:51:27 AMON file
    C:\DOCUME~1\DR7D03~1.MAT\LOCALS~1\Temp\05.pdf-21927 Presumably unknown SCRIPT virus quarantined - deleted. Alerta when creating file. File quarantined. Close this window.
    (I translated this back from Hungarian).
    I sent this weird file to ESET, although I'm strongly convinced that it's a false alarm.
    I have got this virus alert when GoogleDesktop was reindexing my folders and files. It was the standard virus alert (red eye)- and it's come up twice. Precisely, GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe was the process, which tiggered the alert. I guess this folder (Docume~1.MAT) has to be some kinda temporary - folder (I cleaned it with CCleaner afterwards).
    My AMON is set as it's recommended in Blackspears' thread - everything's checked.
    When experienced this I made a deep scan in Safe Mode - and as I've expected - nothing has been found. No other nasties when having swept with SpySweeper 5.07.
    What I guess is as follows: perhaps the mechanism with which GoogleDesktop indexing files in the deepest level in my sytem may have triggered some kinda alert -as I've said AMON's set to maximum protection, even advanced heurestics ticked.
    What do U think? Does my explanation sound reasonable? Could it be a false-alert candidate? Sorry for being so detailed - I guess it's quite interesting.
    All comments most welcome!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since you have sent it to ESET (samplesatesetdotcom)
    you can only wait and see .

VirusTotal is another friend of yours

:thumb:

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Which version of Google Desktop are you using? My understanding is that older versions had problems with NOD32, but the problems have been fixed with the newer version.

(I do not use Google Desktop, so I cannot say for sure.)
    No problem. It makes it easier for everybody to see what the problem may be. :)

4. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Hi!
    I use the recent Beta-one - I guess it's 4.2006.627.501.
    Problem hasn't showed up lately-hopefully it stays this way.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

One personal swipe removed.

Blackspear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.