AMON and file scanning...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gor, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gor

Gor Guest

Hi.
    I would like to know whether AMON should have enabled scannig for all files or only for predefined file extensions.

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Gor

Version 2.5 comes with Amon set to scan all files by default. It is your option if you wish to change that setting.

From the help file: AMON is the most important line of antivirus defense. It is critically important to keep it running at all times using the most current version of the virus signature databases. AMON monitors all potentially threatening actions on protected computers such as opening, executing, creating, or renaming files.

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Are you sure about that? I installed the trial version of 2.5 on a Win98 test machine last night, and I could have sworn that only predefined file extensions were set for AMON by default. Other NOD32 modules do have scanning all files as the default, though. Then again, it was after midnight....

Well, the predefined file extensions (whichever module it is) are chosen on the basis that they are the most likely to have viruses. If you wish to scan all files for extra security, then that is your choice. Me? I scan all files. Since NOD32 is so fast, I do not really notice the difference. ;)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Quite sure.

5. Gor

Gor Guest

I'd installed second license of NOD32 on my notebook two hours ago and there were also enabled only predefined file extensions for AMON by default. I had to set it manually for all files scanning. It was clear installation.

6. izi

izi Registered Member

Why is ESET change settings in AMON to all files?

If you press Default button AMON will not scan all files!! Why?? This is another stupid setting from ESET, like this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=427160&postcount=1.

Regards,

izi

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  7. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Thw word 'stupid' is not the appropriate.... :blink:

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Because they think it is important to do so, and I agree with them.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.