AMD X2 CPU and Cool And Quiet : E00070020 "The Archive is Corrupted"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by caustic, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caustic

caustic Registered Member

Hello,
    is there anybody else who has this problem?
    I get an corrupted archive always when I 've enabled Cool and Quiet in my Mainboard Bios ( ASUS M2N32 WS Profesional ) . For the moment my work around is to disable Cool and Quiet. When I've done this evrything is working properly.
    Thank you in advance.
    caustic

2. caustic

Really no one with this problem?
    Pehaps it is my hardware configuration... ?
    Regards

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Just read how it adjusts CPU frequency etc up to 30 times a second to keep the power dissipation down - surprised it works at all! :D

The way TI is hammering RAM and disk, it isn't too hard to think this might be a problem alright. I guess you need to see if anybody else has or has not a problem. You might try to bump TI's priority up to high, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

4. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Asus A8N-E with Cool & Quiet enabled for over a year. Zero problems with True Image.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, caustic

Same MB as techtype with C&Q enabled without any problems.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. lucky76

lucky76 Former Poster

I have an AMD X2 4200 on an ECS motherboard and I just purchased True Image 9.0 three days ago. I saw this error E00070020 everytime last night when I tried to restore an image even though the image was written without any errors. I don't know anything about "Cool and Quiet" on my motherboard. <snip> Also I see Version 10 is available and I can get a free upgrade if it's less then 30 days from the release of 10.0. Guess what? It was released on October 17th. and that's more then 30 days ago. Shame on you Acronis for selling old software to people.:thumbd:

edited to remove excessive editorial - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
  7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you run a memory checker?

TI uses RAM exhaustively, and it has been known that RAM that most other programs including gaming and such are quite happy. TI finds one bit corrupted in RAM and throws a wobbly.

Colin

8. caustic

Hi all,
    thank you.
    Memcheck with MemmtestX86+ rans for 72 h without an error.
    Prime95 for each cpu rans for 96 h stabel.
    3D Mark 2005 and SandraSisoft XI for 48 h without an error.
    Only Acronis True Immage 10 Release 4871 is making corrupted archives if cool and quiet is enabled.
    The problem is if you do not check the archive or you don't want to recover your system evrything seems to be ok.
    Only recovering or checking will fail. Hmmm....
    I've made a BackUp every day. Some days ago I tried to recover but there was no correct archive.
    I started to try out where is the bug.
    After disabling all CPU features in Mainboardbios evrything was ok. So I began to enable the features step by step and when cool and quiet was enabled I got these corrupted archives.
    But it semms to be an Acronis True Immmage Problem, because all other software is working without an error.
    I got a new BIOS release from ASUS (0903) for my Mainboard. Perhaps there was an error with CPU support ( AMD X2 3800 + EnergyEfficient ). I will try out again after upgrad and report what's happening.
    Regards.

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Your first paragraph shows exactly why a proper test of TI absolutely requires the archive be restored before you consider the product operational. Too many people assume that because it makes a backup everything is fine.

Good work on going through the BIOS. Is there also a Cool&Quiet executable that may be updated as well? This would only apply to operations within Windows though.

I know that playing in the BIOS is very foreign to some users and they run the risk of making a bad situation worse. I had a machine that wouldn't run the Linux Full version of the recovery CD. I upgraded the far out-of-date BIOS and it fixed the problem as far as I was concerned then. However, I now wonder if the actual fix was caused by my resetting the BIOS to its default values after flashing with the new version - that is, something had been setup "on the edge" when the PC was assembled at the local computer store. Anyway, just another thing for people who are having trouble to try.

Good luck with your problem.

10. mustardman

mustardman Registered Member

I've got a AMD x2, cool & quiet enabled with Asus M2NPV-VM. No problems.

11. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

yep i get it on my p4 duo cpu when overclocked (2.4ghz oclocked to 3.6ghz) but not when its not oclocked..
    never get the error on my single core p4 3.0 oclocked to 3.6 ghz..

i posted a similar question the other day. someone stated they know about the problem and should be fixed in the next update - i hop so cause i hate dropping back just to run ti 10. and i hope the update is soon.

12. caustic

Hi again,
    I tested my system again...
    There is an Hardware error...
    It is not the fault of Acronis True Immage 10.
    It was a little bit curious, because nearly all Benchmarks and even Prime95 made no error messages.
    But OCCT is running only for about 10 minutes then I got an error message.
    And Prime95 made an error message when it was running the torture test set to "Blend" . There is a lot of Memmory tested.
    AMD Athlon64 X2 socket AM2 series hypertransport speed is normally 1000Mhz , when my system is running with this speed it becomes instable. Especially with cool and quiet enabled, these instabilities became more and more.
    When I set hypertransport to 800 Mhz in bios the system was running stable...no errors.
    Today I sent my mainboard and CPU back to my reseller.
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.