Amazon’s Alexa will be preloaded on Acer’s new laptops

Discussion in 'hardware' started by guest, May 30, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Amazon’s Alexa will be preloaded on Acer’s new laptops
    May 21, 2018
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...2/amazon-alexa-acer-laptops-aspire-nitro-spin

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Play safe with those laptops, people :)

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I'll never own another Acer after their poor customer support and my repeated opt-out of marketing emails being ignored forcing me to block them.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'd never buy Acer, as the quality of their cheaper laptops, is often not very good.

5. guest

guest Guest

Acer laptops are not so bad; i have one it works very well. About Alexa , i dont care, i always do a clean install after i purchase a computer :D

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"You Can Soon Own a HAL 9000 Replica That Uses Amazon Alexa to Control Your Home, Dave

As I vaguely recall, 2001: A Space Odyssey might have been trying to tell us something about the dangers of artificial intelligence....

For the first time in 50 years, you can own an absolutely authentic, fully-operational HAL 9000 computer interface. The Master Replicas Group Interactive HAL Computer uses Amazon Echo technology to control your home..."

https://gizmodo.com/you-can-soon-own-a-hal-9000-replica-that-uses-amazon-al-1823648187

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I was planning to buy a new laptop, so I guess I can scrap Acer of my list. :thumbd:

8. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

Acer had a lot of cheap laptops in their offer. I have own one, because of that. I don't expect laptop priced less than other vendors to have as solid case/body as others. Mine is over 5,5 years old and still didn't required any repair, except replacement of build-in keyboard. I type a lot.
    I also always do clean install of OS and I would do that on any model and vendor of any laptop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.