Am i the only one who wants a company to make a bigger phone?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by cooperb21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It doesn't take long to get used to the larger screen sizes. When I went from a 3.7" screen phone to a 4" the phone seemed massive a first, but it didn't take long before it no longer seemed overly big, and my old phone seemed tiny. Right now I'm using a phone with 4.7" screen and after having a 5.1" S5 clone as previous phone, 4.7 inches is just too small for my linking. I might go for a 5.5" to 5.7" sized screen for my next phone.

2. 142395

142395 Guest

Such ppl should use tablet! Maybe they will say, "I don't want to carry on both tablet & phone."
    No, no, no, no! I found current 4.3 inch phone (smaller than Nexus 5) is in border to operate in ONE hand. I even miss previous old slow 3.8 inch phone as it was easier to operate in a hand. But whatever ultra spec it had, requiring both hands is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE at all! Maybe you don't know how overcrowded Japanese commuter train is, and even in other situation I much prefer one hand operation. I don't play games and don't watch movie much so don't care screen size at all (and I have tablet), I can even live with old school cellular phone provided it has smooth internet connection (unfortunately, there's few option for this way).

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've been on the trains in Japan and know how crowded the get, and hope to go back for another visit within the next few years. I certainly see your point, but really it's just a matter of personal preference. At least with Android, you still can get phones with a small screen size.

4. 142395

142395 Guest

Well, still I can get but options are quite limited and becoming fewer and fewer.
    Ofc all of this is my (and some others') personal preference.

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

No way! For one, most tablets don't make phone calls. And again, the problem with large cell phones or tablets is you cannot put them in your pocket.

But for sure more and more people are using their smartphones for banking, shopping, emails, facebook, etc. while PC sales continue to decline year after year.

I don't trust cell phone security for that - yet. But then I don't trust my notebook for that either. Cell phones and notebooks are too easily lost or stolen, along with all the personal information they contain.

I will give up my PC with its 2 widescreen monitors, full size keyboard and mouse, and full 5.1 surround sound speakers when I'm dead.

6. 142395

142395 Guest

Good point, I like putting my phone in my shirt's pocket or pants'.
    It seems recently feature phone or old school phone are recovering its share which once went the bottom of a ravine.
    I really don't see why phone and PC have to live together in a device, but I know many people use them differently than me.

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Im an average build guy and have absolutely no issue fitting a Note 4 in a pair of jeans, dress slacks, or shorts pockets.

8. Bill_Bright

I am going to assume you meant "shirt" pocket. The Note 4 while only 3.09 wide and .33 inches thick is not a problem that way, it is still over 6 inches tall. That is too tall for my pants pockets. In fact, I just measure my Levi's 501 jeans and both front and back pockets are less than 6" deep. The iPhone 6 is even taller as are some other large cell phone.

But also note the Note 4 is just one example of a cell phone and I was responding to the comment about "tablets" and "large" cell phones.

9. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

I would like to see a very dumb smartphone (browser, maps and wifi are enough for me), 3-4'' display size and e-ink color technology.

10. Bill_Bright

See Best Smartphone for Seniors. While not necessarily for senior citizens, these tend have the basic features in an easy to use and see format.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.