Am I safe with this setup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

....before anyone makes the comment - yes, I know you are never 100% safe and its a function od what you do etc...

I have run various setups over the lats 7-8 years, which were based about my running F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations, with various ATs and firewalls etc to support it.

I now just use Windows firewall as I have a NAT router with a built in firewall.

Over the last nine months I have tried KAV (I have a license) as it is suposed to be good at catching nasties - but I found it made my system drind to a halt so I uninstalled it. I then uses AVG Anti-Malware, which was fine - but a bit slower than F-Secure for WS. I upgraded to AVG 8 - and sure enough, it enede up slowing down my surfing and made messenger unreliable - so I have uninstalled it.

Im now running my old faithful F-Secure for Workstations (which has three engines, one of which is Kaspersky) and have it backed up by a full version of Superantispyware 4 running in realtime, UnhackMe, with realtime monitoring and I also have System Safety Monitor (full) running. I also have Super Ad Blocker to cut out web bugs etc. I have Spycop (full) as well.

Will my current setup be good enough - eg as good as KAV or AVG 8?

Cheers,

ChrisP

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You will be fine. F-Secures is one of my top 2. Actually its DeepGuard Hips is one up on Avira. A good solid combo of F-Secure and Sandboxie will keep you as safe as anything else anyone can bring to the table here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.