Am I safe with this setup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

....before anyone makes the comment - yes, I know you are never 100% safe and its a function od what you do etc...

I have run various setups over the lats 7-8 years, which were based about my running F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations, with various ATs and firewalls etc to support it.

I now just use Windows firewall as I have a NAT router with a built in firewall.

Over the last nine months I have tried KAV (I have a license) as it is suposed to be good at catching nasties - but I found it made my system drind to a halt so I uninstalled it. I then uses AVG Anti-Malware, which was fine - but a bit slower than F-Secure for WS. I upgraded to AVG 8 - and sure enough, it enede up slowing down my surfing and made messenger unreliable - so I have uninstalled it.

Im now running my old faithful F-Secure for Workstations (which has three engines, one of which is Kaspersky) and have it backed up by a full version of Superantispyware 4 running in realtime, UnhackMe, with realtime monitoring and I also have System Safety Monitor (full) running. I also have Super Ad Blocker to cut out web bugs etc. I have Spycop (full) as well.

Will my current setup be good enough - eg as good as KAV or AVG 8?

Cheers,

ChrisP

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You will be fine. F-Secures is one of my top 2. Actually its DeepGuard Hips is one up on Avira. A good solid combo of F-Secure and Sandboxie will keep you as safe as anything else anyone can bring to the table here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.