Am I lucky?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by SCSF, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCSF

SCSF Registered Member

I downloaded Kazaa(to be honest for movies) and it couldn't connect, then I decide to run spycop to see if it let any spyware, I hit the button and then.....

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      84.9 KB
      Views:
  2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Looks like you are lucky you decided to use PG.

3. SCSF

SCSF Registered Member

So what does start.exe actually do?

4. SCSF

SCSF Registered Member

Better question, why didn't F-prot on access stop it before process guard did?

5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Well... anyone can name anything start.exe, so it is hard to tell. The only start.exe I know of originates from software cracking sites such as andr.net and it is a trojan. Maybe you could search google for:
    "start.exe" + "trojan"
    and see what you get for results.

I do know that NOD32/TrojanHunter/TDS3 and Kaspersky all pick it up and I am sure there are lots more. Maybe try updating your definitions or giving some other AT/AV programs a try. It is also possible that your start.exe has nothing to do with the one I know of.

6. SCSF

SCSF Registered Member

Updated F-prot, I'll see if it catches it becuase it came on when I started Spycop. Kazaa must have let something in there bad.

Thanks John

7. SCSF

SCSF Registered Member

Start.exe is part of the SUPER STEALTH SCANNING feature in Spycop, it kills all the other processes so it can do a really deep scan of the cpu.

My fault for the false alarm.

8. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

A lot different than the start.exe I know of. I cant believe that Spycop closes other security apps, but I guess they know what they are doing.

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

AJohn wrote,
    I hope it is well documented and that users are told what it is trying to do.

I would not allow such a program on my PC without proper warnings given for this type of behaviour, after all it is "My" PC :)

Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.