Alternative to the Original FD_ISR

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by beethoven, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I got lucky and managed to get hold of one of the last "genuine" Fd_ISR last year. I am very happy with this program and would not want to be without it on my own prime pc.

There are a few other pc (all XP) that I use and I would like to install a similar program on these. The main purpose of this would be able to install software and software updates (like XP3) and evaluate if they cause any issues. I know that rescue software also has security/ malware implications but as these other pc are not heavily used, that is not a big issue. Also, while I love the multiple snapshots and particularly archives in the original Fd_ISR version, for these pc I don't need this. What is required though is a reboot ability, so programs like Returnil won't be useful. Simply put, I would be happy with a System Restore that actually worked.

I know that there are many threads touching on this subject but doing a search right now, I could not find what I was looking for. I suspect some of the relevant issue is hidden in some of the super threads with 300 postings.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

As far I know only FDISR Rescue, ShadowUser and RollbackRx (+clones) can handle reboot-softwares and
    of course all Image Backup softwares, but that is an inconvenient solution.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

FD-ISR (Authentic Version) is of Legendary proportions.

What more can be said?

I never experienced any app of a kind like this which is literally pulled VICTORY out from the jaws of certain defeat.

The archives for me is made all the difference in the world for a foolproof 100% total revovery from certain disaster. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

ErikAlbert impliments the great feature FreezeStorage to eliminate a ton of apps that couldn't possibly achieve the same overall ratio of a complete & thorough cleaning of the disk.

EASTER

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Rollback rx is an alternative i can personally recommend, it can most of the things fd-isr can do quickly and efficiently. They currently have a discount option available, you simpy register and download the trial then 7 days later they email you a discount.

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

FDISR is beyond compare,nothing comes even close,Rollback intentially relating to FDISR is too much honor,comparing is ridiculous.

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Microsoft Windows SteadyState (free)

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes this stuff would be an alternative to Rollback,but it has more functions(restriction policy etc.),more like a switz army knive,but not in a class with FDISR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.