Alternative to Acronis

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rh775, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rh775

rh775 Registered Member

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there is two program i reccomend you to try.
    Paragon
    http://www.paragon-software.com/home.htm
    shadow protect desktop
    http://www.storagecraft.com/products/ShadowProtectDesktop/

both are great products.
    i use paragon myself and managed to get paragon to make me a custom recovery cd.
    since the linux recovery cd that comes with paragon isnt to good i would reccomend you to try shadow protect desktop since it comes with a windows based recovery cd. i got a windows recovery cd for paragon but it took me a while to get it.
    lodore

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I only recommend StorageCraft's "ShadowProtect".
    I have been working with this excellent Image Backup software every day in September-October, constantly backups/restores every evening without any single error. Almost unbelievable. :)

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Solid as a Rock !!

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes, see attached contact information. Solid products good prompt support.

I am not saying it is better that Acronis, but you asked for an alternative.

Strongly suggest you get a trial(s) version. I use PDB 8.51 personal and the same version of PM.

Contact Information
    Company Home Page:
    Sales E-mail:
    Sales Phone: http://www.paragon-software.com
    sales@paragon-software.com
    +49 (7631) 360 930

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I too recommend ShadowProtect Desktop. I only run it from the bootable CD (IOW, it's not installed on my PC.) Images are created and restored quickly and have always been fine...

7. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

ShadowProtect is the best in my opinion. I have tried them all. It is much faster and more reliable than Acronis...which I used for years until ShadowProtect Desktop v3 came out.

8. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I'm stil with SP ver.2 and it was already an object of scientific Art.

10. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Wow... thank you all for your nice comments regarding ShadowProtect. It's very gratifying. It appears that our policy of prioritizing stability over features has really paid off. Not to say that ShadowProtect lacks features (it's quite a well rounded product), or that it's without flaws (I'm sure we'll always find things to polish). The only drawback to making stability the first priority is that whenever you find any flaw you have to hold off on a release (such as the upcoming 3.1 release). The fact is that 3.1 passed all our QA tests with flying colors, resolving a handful of annoyances found in 3.0, however, a few days ago we discovered an interop issue between our driver (stcvsm.sys) and a file system filter driver that ships with Trend Micro's antivirus product. Rather than just shrug our shoulders and throw 3.1 out the door, we halted everything and are determined that this issue will be resolved before the public receives the 3.1 build. In a way this is a bad thing because people are always anxious and impatient and want immediate satisfaction, and it's hard to tell them they're just going to have to wait a bit longer. But, I think, in the long run, it pays off, as people really grow to trust the product for its stability.

@rh775 - I suggest that you evaluate all of the products (they all have functional trial versions) that are being recommended, and find the one that best fits your needs and budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.