alright heres a question for all here??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by zfactor, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i was doing normal browsing nothing bad or any of those known trouble sites, you know... well anyway my connection got cut off for a minute then when it came back on all i could access was my home page and a few other sites. i could get here to wilders. could not click on any links to other sites and could go to google main site but any search said page not available. also any thing typed in the main bar typed very slowly as if it was typing after i was. tried everything i could think of. i run nod32 outpost and ewido. nothing picked up by any of these. my actuall connection to cable seemed fine with no problems when checked in the moden config. double checked my router everything mormal there to. tried resetting both didnt help. ran adaware nothing, ran spysweeper nothing..... long story short ended up formating and doing a reinstall. what could this have been?? my comp is fine after format everything smooth and normal againo_O just didnt make much sense that not one program picked up anything. any ideas would be great so i know if this happens again thansk in advance

2. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

I think it was some kind of an infection.
    Maybe you should consider anti-spyware programs like Spybot, Adaware, Spyware Doctor etc.
    Also, you could use a backup AV scanner like Bitdefender free or Avast Home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.