Already using Antivir, have Symantec Corporate to use... still go with Nod32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by veri, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veri

veri Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone else relates with having two respectable AV solutions readily at hand but still wanting to use something else - and paying for it.

Nod32 comes to me at just under $30 for two years (student discounts are fun, mmkay?), so it's good as far as that goes. There's a good chance I'd jump for the suite when it's released, as well; I'm kind of wanting to try that route as opposed to running Kerio 4 AND antivirus of choice.

Any thoughts? Should I just shut up and stay with Antivir / perhaps go to SavCE, or shall I return (previously had a one-year license) to Nod-land?

2. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Why not give AntiVir premium a try? I heard it's very very good....light on resources too....also affordable.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I agree that the price for NOD 32 is great. It is a fine AV from reports and tests, and ran well on my two computers when I trialed it.
    If you want to try it go for it. You won't regret it.

However, although others will disagree, it is not a better AV than either of the ones you have.
    I prefer Avira/Antivir to the either NOD or Symantec.

Best,
    Jerry

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Save your money and use Antivir premium. I'd say its just as good as nod32 and it has the advantage of being lighter on resources. You can use you symantec av as an on demand scanner for backup.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Buy NOD32, and you will love it... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.