Alpha Shield

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by shadowatcher, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowatcher

shadowatcher Registered Member

Hi there,

I've been watching the progress of alphashield hardware privacy firewall for over a year now and finally purchased one the other day. I really like it and it seems to work great. I've tested it thoroughly without my software firewall to see how reliable it is and it worked perfectly. No intrusions.

Does anyone else have AlphaShield? http://www.alphashield.com/ If so, what kind of configuration do you have? What other security software do you use with it?

Thanks!

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Looks interesting, although the site is a little short on details.. what does it do that regular SPI routers don't?

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Shadow .
    I have used it for two years now . Excellent ! I also use a firewall and AV but , that is because I like to configure . You cannot pass tests with AlphaShield because it allows info into your system IF you went to that site . In other words , go to the pcFlank site . If you run a test , it will fail because you allowed pcFlank in by going to it yourself . Personally , had I not received the huge discount I got , I would not have paid the money . WAYYYYY too expensive . Good protection but , certainly not bulletproof .
    And , if you want to know , it IS compatible with just about anything .

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It seems a great hardware router to improve our security...

I want to buy a wireless router so I will wait to see the prices of the AlphaShield Wireless Router... ;)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.