Allowing remote access with NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by imran0, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imran0

imran0 Registered Member

Hey

I have NOD32 Smart Security 4

Im currently having trouble connecting to my PC remotely with NOD32 enabled.
    I want to be able to connect to my PC (Or more specifically remote desktop application TightVNC) via the internet.

Currently I've only been able to get it to work within the network. I've added the remote ports 5800 and 5900 but it still doesnt work.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this

2. jerick70

jerick70 Registered Member

Hi imran0,

The first thing is see is that you setup ports 5800 and 5900 as remote ports. This won't work. You will want to setup the ports as local ports and then allow whatever IPs from remote. This just may be how you are explaining it though. Can you post a screen shot of the settings you are using in the exception?

Jeff

3. imran0

imran0 Registered Member

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you could switch to learning mode for a while so that the appropriate rules are created automatically and revise them afterwards, before switching to interactive or automatic mode with exceptions.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Could you try to remove the application from the rules so that ports 5900 and 5800 are opened for any application . I have quite a lot of clients I have installed VNC on and they work fine with such a rule . Additionannly , you could change the director to "Both"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.