Allaple gen worm

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cdr478s, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdr478s

cdr478s Registered Member

ESET quarantined two files from the Internet temp folder it identified as related to Allaple gen worm. Nod showed it 4 blocks. I disconnect from network and I deleted from quarantine and rebooted and ran a full scan and nod32 does not find any further files. I also ran malwarebytes just in case and it found nothing. Just want to make sure this is not running in the background somewhere and I could not find information on where it may hide if indeed present.

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

You can Scan your Full Computer from ESET SysRescue Disk.
    While running ESR, no other application is running.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  3. cdr478s

cdr478s Registered Member

If I create the SysRescue disc from a Win7 machine, I am assuming this will still work on a WinXP machine? Or do I need to go ahead and create it on a WinXP machine since that's mainly what I'll be using it on?

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

ESET SysRescue CD is independent from any software you have on your hard drive (eg, OS, programs)

5. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

its highly unlikely that you'll find anything with ESET SysRescue CD, if you already scanned with nod32 in normal windows mode.

your computer is probably clean but if you want to double check, download similar rescue media from other av vendors and if it detects anything, submit the sample to eset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.