All My Browsers Freeze my PC?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hawki, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Hi :)

I am having a problem where the internet browser that I am using at the time will eventually freeze after a period of time and when that happens my other programs open at the time will also freeze. I am also unable to open programs when this happens. This happens with IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

I have uninstalled any software I can think of that might be doing causing this and have tried 3 seperate Internet Security Programs (KIS, BD, Webroot) to see if one of them is the problem but the same thing happens no matter which I use

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox cuz that's the browser I use the most but that did not solve the problem.

Usually I am able to unfreeze the browser with Task Manager. When the browser closes all other programs respond as they should. I am using Windows 8.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be causing this and/or a fix?

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Google search: browser freezes whole system site:forums.mozillazine.org

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Try checking the hardware memory with a specific tool, either bundled with your PC, like in most Dell systems, or using a third party tool such as microsoft one (look for "Memory Test Microsoft" and I guess it will point to the installer, which will create a bootable media, CD or DVD).

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

This is exactly the first thing I would look at. Video drivers are probably the most common cause of this problem. And since all of these browsers now are hardware accelerated... I would check into upgrading/downgrading the drivers or at least disabling hardware acceleration in your browser as a test to see if that stops it. Could also be a hardware acceleration issue with your Flash plugin for any/all browsers.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.