All-in-one IM's

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I've heard of such ones as Trillian IM as being the best. Does anyone here use them and do they work well and any other recommendations?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I use Miranda IM because it is very light but configuring it can be daunting. If you want something easier you could give Pidgin a try.

For just instant messaging all-in-ones work great but I sometimes read issues with file-transferring and some all-in-ones dont support audio/video.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I was using Trillian Pro but stopped because, as WSFuser said, it doesn`t support the video playback. I went back to MSN...when I use IM now.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I've been using this in Windows and Linux for a while now. IMHO its a lot less fustrating than Miranda (in terms of features and useage).

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I'm using Pidgin and its awesome. ^_^

7. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using Pidgin too.If you want you can use the portable version as I do.No installation, no registry problems.

8. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Trllian, by far, is the most versatile 'straight-faced' IM that anyone can avail of. Versatile due to its reputation of being able to connect to most of the major IM accounts popular in the net (without the need to register for each) & allow managing most email. The only catch... does not have video-Chat!

As for Pidgin (aka: Gaim), it's an openSource app. Resource-lite, damn easy to setup , platform-independent & very reliable.

The only free-downloadable IM platform that includes "video-Chat" provision with easy setup - yahoo's IM. But IMO... i deem it as 'unreliable' in system-safety!

There are other videoChat-capable IMs out there. But as far as i know, the one with quality-shots belong to prepaid varieties.

Well regarded for its build-in 'security' protocol (specifically with its FTP function) among IMs... versions of AIM/AOL instant messaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.