All a do about nothing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by barnaby jones, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wondering why folks dont just switch to Linux where malware is rare instead of obsessing over the facts and figures of Windows AV proggies.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The main reason the general computing population doesn't switch to linux is that linux is a long way from being user friendly to the average computer owner. i have used many many different distros and I just got tired of having to be a programer to get half of the downloaded programs to work. Or having to download three or four extra apps to get one to work. Linux is making good inroads but it is going to have to go a long way to attract the average home user.

bigc

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Linux is still a bit more difficult for the average person. And it does have security problems at times.

Have a look at secunia.com.

bigc, we're posting on top of each other! :D

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you know the old saying==Great minds think alike

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I second bigc's statement, I don't have the time/patience for something like Linux anymore, at least the way it is now. Linux also doesn't have the software that I like, and not all my hardware will work with it. I'll admit, though, if all I did was general internet & word processing, I would be pretty tempted to switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.