Alignment tool says "Not Aligned" after finishing work

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by salama, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salama

salama Registered Member

I restored an image of my boot drive (SSD) to a larger SSD. The alignment is off. I used PAT to fix the alignment but when it's done, it's still Not Aligned. I repeated the process several times. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Why can't PAT align the drive?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

3. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Turn off the safety settings. That's what I had to do and only then it worked. Not sure why, though.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Generally it's because the software runs into errors on the drive when performing a file system check, perform a chkdsk /f from the command prompt as administrator and then restart the system. Also make sure the check disk is being run on the partition you are attempting to align but failing at aligning.

5. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Did a disk check before and after. Even did a disk check with HDM 2012. Never any errors found. The alignment tool will not work for me at all if I don't disable the safety settings and that is on two machines.

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

you may be running into crossed link files, which the only work around is that method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.