Alien Hero installation issue

Discussion in 'hardware' started by deemac18, Apr 21, 2018.

1. deemac18

deemac18 Registered Member

As treasurer of a PCC and the only male on the PCC, I have inherited a small CCTV set up and wish to instal it.
    The church has been vandalised pretty seriously and the police are not very helpful.
    The recording device is an Alien Hero DVR type ACETECH PRO and is powered by a 12v PSU whose output terminal is a single pin., (5.5mm).
    However, the input socket is of a type. I do not recognise nor can I find it.
    It is a four pin socket, not unlike a PS2 female socket but I cannot describe it further.
    The manual shows a female pin socket which compares with the output pin of the PSU, but the previous owner just poked two bare and solders ends into two of those four holes, of which one is definitely the earth,
    Can anyone advise me of the type of plug or adaptor I should be using, or, alternatively advise me which two socket entry ports I should use if I design one myself. They are positioned thus, ::
    The PSU is made by 'anti-hum', but I can not find any reference to a different output cable/connector the than the one I had.

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

You might be better off putting a few deer cameras around the place, they just take pictures when someone triggers the motion detection sensor.
    I caught a guy who was stealing my wife's underwater from our washing line with one of those. (One seriously embarrassed 18 yr old kid won't be doing that again in a hurry, the entire neighbourhood nicknamed him, panty thief LOL)

3. deemac18

I'm sure you are right, but trail cameras require lots of batteries and cost £75 each and we will need about five to cover in and around the church.
    At the moment I'm sitting on a four camera freebie.
    I also enjoy a challenge so the answer to my question is?

4. RockLobster

5. deemac18

YES, YES, YES.
    You genius.
    Thanks very much indeed.

regards

6. RockLobster

All my life I knew, sooner or later, someone would recognize that.;)
    It's taken a long time though..
    Check the voltages on the pins, your going to need two lives and two grounds but they need to be the right ones.
    Open the DVR and look for the two ground connections they should be easy to identify, then make sure the PSU pins match before you plug it in.

7. deemac18

The psi socket has an indent which marries up with the plug tab, so it should not go in the wrong way, but thanks, I'll check it again because I only found one pin (bottom right) which was grounded to the chassis.
    You cannot see anything from inside the DVR unless you undo the card from the body, which I would try to avoid at my age.

8. hawki

hawki Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.