Alert/Notification to Scanned E-Mail

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pakratt, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakratt

pakratt Registered Member

I have noticed that my received and read E-Mails no longer have the alert message included. Under E-Mail Client Protection, I have enabled to append the tag message to received and read E-Mails and also to sent E-Mails. I am running Anti-Virus 4.2.58.3.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Also, what email client are you using ? Is it listed and selected in the Email clients section of Setup ?

Antivirus and antispyware > Email client protection > POP3, POP3S > Email clients

EmailSetup.JPG

Bubba

4. pakratt

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Live Mail 2011. When I enter the setup and select E-Mail protection, I do not have any option to select an E-Mail client. (See attachments). My DSL provider sends my E-Mail to me via G-Mail. The server shows Incoming E-Mail is a POP 3 Server Port 110. Outgoing E-Mail is smtp.gmail.com. However, the "Advanced" setting is Incoming Mail POP3 Port 995. Outgoing Mail is smtp Port 465. This server requires a Secure Connection SSL. Don't know if I have to have POP 3s enabled for Port 995 to scan my E-Mail or not.

Attached Files:

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

As Bubba indicated, you need to manually add your email client for it to be correctly scanned, please revisit his reply to you You may also run the email troubleshooter

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, the plug-in for email clients does not currently support Windows Live Mail 2011. In order to scan encrypted email, you'll need to enable SSL scanning.
    2, the Email clients setup does not appear on Windows Vista SP1 and newer

7. pakratt

Marcos, You say that with my operating system, Nod 32 Anti-Virus does not allow me to select or add Windows Live Mail as an E-Mail client but if I select SSL filtering then I will be sure that my E-Mails are being scanned. I can't get the message that they were scanned so how do I know that they are in fact being scanned?

8. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Because all SSL traffic on the selected ports will be scanned. Be it e-mails or other data.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you try emailing the eicar test file to yourself to see if it's detected and removed?

10. pakratt

I downloaded version 4.2.67 and also enabled POP3s screening for Port 995.
    Received E-Mails now have the notation that they have been scanned. Thanks for your help.

11. pakratt

New problem has occurred. I can no longer download my E-Mail. This has happened after changing my settings to scan SSL traffic on port 995. I get this message on my Windows Live Mail. "Unable to send/receive messages for POP.gmail.com account. Your server has unexpectly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, of a long period of inactivity.
    Server: POP.gmail.com
    Windows Live Mail:Error ID oxoocccof
    Protocol:pOP3
    Port:995
    Secure (SSL):Yes
    I upgraded to v 4.2.71.2 but the problem persists. If I remove the setting to scan POP3S, then I can receive my E-Mail, but without any indication that it is being scanned. Still question if Nod32 is scanning my E-Mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.