alert from winpatrol

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Rita, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I just received this alert from winpatrol.does anyone know what it means?should I check yes or no?thanks
    Rita

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I thought I would let u know rita, that I have had the very same alert and have checked yes with no problems at all .

Your friend

THE MUL ;)

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks Stephen
    Do you know what it means?I am afraid to check yes,so you didnt have any problems after checking yes?I havent checked anything yet.thanks for replying--appreciate it
    Rita

4. the mul

I did not have any problems and no I was not sure either, but I suppose I thought the risk low, so I checked yes and with no problems at all so far.
    I no this is not the answer u are looking for and probably if we have both had this warning others have as well and maybe they no more about this warning and can tell u more information on this issue.
    I am not one for taking risks as u will see by my security set up, but I suppose I thought as I said earlier the risk to be low.
    Sorry if this does not help u, but maybe someone else can help u with the answer u are looking for.

YOUR FRIEND

THE MUL

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Stephen
    Thanks for replying, now I know I wasnt the only one with this alert.maybe someone will tell us both what it means huh?you have a great night!
    Rita

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I may be wrong....but it appears to me that Scotty the watchdog is falsely alerting of a no change so to speak ?

C:\Program Files....long file\folder name

vs

C:\Progra~1....8.3 file name standard

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I updated winpatrol a little earlier,could this be a reason?just guessing

8. the mul

Have u updated to the latest version 8.1.1.6 or are u using the last version 8.1.1.0.
    I was just wondering as the latest update version 8.1.1.6 is for, [Optimization change. Update only required for users with serious performance problems]
    I was wondering were u suffering from performance problems with winpatrol.
    I recieved this alert with the last version 8.1.1.0

THE MUL

9. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I received it after the upgrade.Did you also upgrade?I figured you did because I upgraded from the link you gave.I just checked no on the alert,hopefully it'll be ok,I'll let u know if i get any more alerts,so far none-thanks

10. the mul

It was hayc59 that posted the update rita and I was only replying to the update alert to correct the version number.
    I have not upgraded to the latest version as I am not experiencing any performance issues with the last version, so I am not going to upgrade at the moment, as I have no issues with version 8.1.1.0.
    What about you?.

THE MUL

11. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I have version 8.1.1.6 and have had no notices. This is a purchased version that the posts are talking about are they not? Just wondered what this is all about and why I didn't get a notice. I would appreciate comments. Thx :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.