Akick Total Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hezakiah, Feb 8, 2017.

1. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Akick?? Interestingly enough.

We had a movie called kick released here just recently....So they are using this as a marketing tactic in my country now!?

The website looks so silly lol.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just tested this again. It is using its own scan engine, and the detection rates are abysmal, and really could not be much worse. As well as that, it is very heavy. I ran the cleaner, and it wanted to delete prefetch files, which won't cause any harm, but is not recommended as it will reduce performance.

I would say that this ranks alongside 100years Antivirus as one of the worst antiviruses for Windows.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

in the process now. will post results later tonight or tomm. so far its NOT good imo im betting in the end worse then windows defender itself. im into file testing and its pretty bad right now setting around 67% rate but still have a long way to go. i may stop the tests early if it doesnt improve at all. it has basically no web detection that i have seen so far. at least out of the ones i have tried it missed every one of them.

as roger said its a pig on the system slowing everything down, browsing, extraction, file transfer, copy between drives etc.

4. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Oh really guys? then you should test Net Protecter antivirus?? lol :p:p:p

Disclaimer: One of the worst ones than Iobit and Akick

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm well aware how bad Net Protector is, and have read about the allegations of them stealing signatures from Quick Heal.

IObit Malware Fighter is not so bad now that it uses Bitdefender signatures (just like when Quick Heal started using BD signatures), although there are much better alternatives.

6. zfactor

ok giving up on this. system is so badly infected i can do a single thing with it. when i stopped the test it was at a whopping 56% detection rate overall. i can restart and test individual parts if someone would like but its dismal imo. it stopped basically nothing from running. pretty much the detections it did find were older ones in a folder. nothing i ran except one file was stopped.

7. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Honestly I don't even know why you bothered. At some point you have to cut bait and just say it's not worth it. But that's just me.

8. zfactor

i enjoy testing. no other reason lol. when it comes to things like this i like to see how bad some of them really are i find it amusing, sad that some pay for things like this though.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I know that a company's name is not an objective indication about its performance, but come on guys, " Akick Total Security"... Who on earth in their right mind would think of such a brand name? I also find it amusing how some new comers expect to find a market niche in a crowded professional competitive environment like anti virus applications...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.