AIK and ESET Rescue Disk

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Oswald2, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oswald2

Oswald2 Registered Member

Using ESET Smart Security 5.0.94.0 under Windows 7 Professional SP1, I tried to create a rescue disk using the option under Tools. ESET says "Windows AIK is not installed or is corrupt. Please install AIK build 6001 or newer and run the ESET SysRescue Wizard again." When I clicked on the link in the message box, it takes me to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9085 but that appears to be for Vista and Server 2008, and does not list Windows 7 as a supported operating system. Is that the version I should install, or is ESET just directing me to the wrong page?

Thanks

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

3. Oswald2

zfactor, thanks for your response. I know there is and AIK for Windows 7, so I guess you're answering the question I had as "Yes, ESET directs you do the wrong web page."?

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well yes and no the vista one will work but its not the newest version use the one i provided you will be fine

5. Oswald2

Thanks. I'll use the Windows 7 version.

6. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Sorry for the confusion. The current Knowledgebase article links to both Microsoft pages:

Is the second link "here" incorrect or is the format of the sentence confusing for Windows 7 users?

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.