AI Roboform 7.1.0 - Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Roboform is the top-rated Password Manager asecurely stores online and offline passwords, automatically logs you into online accounts and completes online registration and checkout forms with one click. RoboForm is a push-button web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence (AI) inside. It allows you to define your personal profile or "usual" responses to a web form. This information is then saved, and when you need to fill a form, just click "Fill Forms" button, and form is filled out. Works as an add-on to Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape web browsers.

RoboForm2Go works on USB Flash Drives. Plug your flash drive into any computer and enjoy all the benefits of RoboForm.
    Install this version directly on your flash drive. Store and back up your RoboForm files on your Windows Mobile, Palm, or Symbian device. View and search RoboForm files. Includes full featured password generator.

Changes:-

* Add ability to add Logins to Most Popular, see Add To menu in Editor.
    * Fix crashes in Chrome.
    * Fix slowness and freezing in Fireofox 4 beta 7.
    * Separate Bookmarks button on toolbar when Bookamrs are separate from Logins.
    * New Help -> About dialog.
    * Add Import to RoboForm menu.

Homepage:- http://www.roboform.com

Download:- --http://www.roboform.com/dist/AiRoboForm.exe--

2. jmorlan

jmorlan Registered Member

3. AvinashR

4. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Thank you AvinashR for the information regarding the Roboform 7 update.:thumb: Just updated from version 6.10.1.Pro without any problems. Roboform the only toolbar that is allowed on my system.:)
    Best Regards

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Check to see if it is still PRO or a free version?

6. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hey King of Rapture
    Ups what is going on here? I do not hope that it is Roboforms new style :doubt:

[​IMG]

Best Regards

Attached Files:

7. aladdin

I have been using the beta version 7 for almost a year now. Last month, after installing a new beta version, I couldn't save any new passcards, identities or safenotes. So, when I checked it showed free version.

Sent them a support email. They told me that I have two options:

1. Pay $9.95 per year and keep the data in cloud and sync to as many devices I want to.

2. Or buy two new licenses for version 7 at a cost of $29.90, since I had two version 6 licenses.

I opted for option #2.

8. aladdin

BTW, what program you used to take such a beautiful snapshot with speech bubble.

Kind regards,

KOR!

9. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hey King of Rapture
    It seems to me that your option 2 may also be my solution', but I truly don't like this new marketing-style that Roboform is showing :mad:
    Best Regards

10. AvinashR

Yeah Snap Shot is really nice... Mind sharing with us.

11. aladdin

Agreed, it is a very terrible marketing style. However, I bought my two licenses, about ten years ago!

12. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hey King of Rapture
    I can see your point..:)
    I have used Snagit 10, and I can see that I have posted it twice :blink:
    Best Regards to all

13. aladdin

BTW, one can still go back to version 6 and it will show PRO. I am not sure for how long they will keep on updating the browsers plug-ins.

But it is time to contribute to some development.... :)

Nice, but very expensiveeeeee.......

Best regards,

KOR!

14. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Looks like its goodbye to Roboform for me, i find it works ok with firefox and IE but is still terribly buggy with Chrome.
    The Android version is not very good and still way behind on Opera.

I have been trialling Lastpass and i am very impressed with it up to now, works great with the latest Opera beta.
    If it works as well with Android then i will deffo be getting a premium license.

15. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Does either Lastpass or Keepass work like Roboform in the following way-I click on Logins, Click on Wilders and it takes me to the Wilders site and logs me in with no further interaction of any kind from me?
    Thanks for any info on this.
    Hugger

16. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Personally, I think this is disgusting. I purchased R.F 6.10 about a month ago, now , it looks like, no more updates. So what happens if a security hole is found. Will it be patched . I f I'd known I would have waited and bought version 7 :thumbd:

17. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

On Bitsdujour they said that upgrades are free for those who bought Roboform after November 1. http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/roboform-pro/

Hopefully ordering system is perfect because I doubt many have a clue of their "rights" when it comes to Roboform licensing. This quote was from comment section.

I also have a problem with that since I am 99% sure I have seen them say 90 days. Perhaps on Facebook or Twitter. Can´t find it now but there is a reason some have found Google Cache links to communicate with Roboform. New definition of what lifetime means and all. Either they are stupid or simply have so many customers they can´t be bothered to make this change smooth. Absolute last thing they figure out is pricing? More likely the first! But with no balls to explain facts they try to make everything an offer with additional discounts. I have followed their Twitter beeps last few months. Was it not a nice solid program they might as well have been selling a scam. Yeah, yeah we will put up a page explaining conditions etc. Not like they started busniness last week.

There is a bit of a problem for those who bought licenses may be 4-6 months ago. A bit steep having to pay up for an upgrade you only heard about few weeks ago. I think they should give free upgrades going back at least 1 year - or have a more flexible discount system. Oldtimer users of 5.x or not so young 6.x versions probably could not care less and find everything reasonable :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  18. jmorlan

jmorlan Registered Member

19. aladdin

20. SiberSystems

SiberSystems Registered Member

Please see below my response to the Softpedia article mentioned. As of right now the comment is not showing up on the their site:

--------------
    Stefan is correct that we just did a soft launch of RoboForm 7 on Monday evening (ie 3 days ago). We are still obviously implementing upgrade messaging and processes and our site will continue to reflect numerous changes. I apologize for any confusion.

However, I want to inform everyone that purchased on or after September 1, 2010 that they will will have the option of upgrading to v7 Pro desktop OR a free year of v7 Everywhere free of charge. Each v6 license can be converted 1:1.

So if you got 3 v6 Pro desktop licenses after Sep 1, you may convert to 3 first year licenses of v7 Everywhere or 3 v7 Pro Desktop licenses by contacting support at any time: http://support.roboform.com

Here are the primary differences between the two products: http://www.roboform.com/how-it-works/product-comparison

To reiterate, we are still in soft launch mode so things may change, however I wanted to assure users that purchased recently of our v7 free upgrade policy. We will be contacting users who purchased recently separately via email as well in the coming days.

We have also just updated our FAQ to reflect the new policy: http://www.roboform.com/support/faq/roboform#faq_everywhere. Readers may email me at sdavis@siber.com for any additional info on RoboForm 7.

-Simon Davis
    Marketing Manager / Siber Systems
    --------------

21. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello Roboform
    In my line of business when a new product is going to be introduced to new costomers is a golden rule that we do not launch new products before a marketing stategi is in place which takes account of old customers and news.
    The old customers is your foundation.
    Roboform are doing everything backwards, launch new product and then afterwards damagecontrol to its customers. That is not professionel management, and give a bad impression of Roboform.
    Best Regards

22. SiberSystems

SiberSystems Registered Member

This is a concern our marketing team had as well which was conveyed to management. The primary focus of all efforts was on improving UI and adding features. We anticipate that all site info will be accurate and up-to-date in the next week or so.

Please keep in mind that the new licensing model was made primarily with user feedback in mind. 10 years ago when we started it was common to have many users on a single desktop-so it made sense to license by computer. Nowadays we see the reverse with users that have multiple desktops, USB, and mobile devices. Hence why we introduced a per user service model in addition to what we had.

23. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Ok I updated mine to Pro again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  24. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

All I know is I paid a total of $75.31 for 3 Roboform Pro and 2 Roboform Portable licenses 5 years ago, was assured of free upgrades, and now Siber Systems wants $79.75 to upgrade those licenseso_O WTH?

Alternatively, I guess I can replace those with 5 per user Everywhere licenses for $49.75 good for only one year and then it's double that for further yearso_O LOL. Granted, I wouldn't need 5 Everywhere licenses.

I don't have 5 users but do have 3 machines and a couple of flash drives I use portable on. Furthermore, although I might be happy with a couple of Everywhere licenses (in case another user besides me comes online), I like things fine without passwords on a server other than the login provider's.

Not really thrilled with the choices here so I guess I should go research alternative programs once I feel my 6.10.1 versions are too out of date.:mad:

Unless things change as the launch "hardens".

I'm not going to argue the economics and what kind of business model supports how much development. I just don't feel taken care of in this transition, where I might not complain to pay like $5 or $6 per license to keep my product up to date after a 5 year period.

FWIW, I won't pay $80 to fix what isn't broken and once I feel the existing licenses have outlived their usefulness, then all bets are off. Perhaps RoboForm will still make my cut at that time, who knows?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  25. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

Well you better not test 7 too much if not sure of agreeing to conditions. Much is the same of course but overall way better and more usable program. Which just make this messed up string of marketing events more annoying. With a bit more relaxed update policy for up to at least 1 year old licenses I don´t think there would be as much to complain about. Considering they definitely have used "lifetime" as a feature and many seem to be stuck on that promise may be it should be 2 years. Those 60 days will not do it.

People are different but I would not be annoyed if I had gotten free updates and support for 5 years and now times/program have changed so much I need to pay up again. Loss of "lifetime" promise is easier to accept with such old licenses I would think. Matter of what you consider reasonable of course. Lifetime we now know what means :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.