Agnitum Not Rushing to Support Vista?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by britchey, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Interesting thread... but based on my experience with both products. I'll place my bet that Outpost will be the better no matter who gets released first after all the beta is done. ;)

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Something that should be noted is that Quick Heal, which uses Agnitum's firewall technology, has been compatible with Windows Vista since March 2007. BullGuard is not yet Vista compatible, but I am wondering how the Outpost firewall technology in QuickHeal is compatible with Vista. :doubt:

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Do you mean this Quick Heal? If so, Vista is not listed on its system requirements list, though it is for their standalone AV.

That site also raises the question of why an Indian company is using just Caucasian models in their photos...

4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

:p :D

That is to attract foreign customers. And also seeing foreign models advertise Indian products is something desirable in Indian market, because the consumers then believe that this product using foreign models to advertise/model is popular worldwide and hence has world leading technology.

One should also remember that QuickHeal offers Hindi versions of their website and probably the program as well, because it wishes to capture the market of the few PC owners in rural villages. Villagers are easily attracted towards the product when you use good looking models :D

The above comments are just my opinion of course, but I think it is logical given the responses to such advertising I have personally noticed among my acquaintances. :)

I've heard a lot of things about QuickHeal's way of running business, a few of which I wouldn't call entirely honest, but hey, that debate is for another thread :D

Regarding compatibility, this QuickHeal edition which includes AV+Firewall says that it is compatible with Windows Vista. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.