agnitum forum

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by stratoc, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

how the hell do you register on the forum? my mates tried from an aol address, i tried from my bt address, my yahoo address, and my works email address. my brother even tried from his comcast address in the states.
    everytime get a "this email address has been blocked by an administrator" message, which is not only frustraing but also rather insulting!
    are they full up? or just unable to manage spam?

2. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

what user id did you try to register? any valid permanent email address should be OK except as noted below.

throwaways are frowned on, the mods check email addresses & IP addresses against lists of known spammers via the 'stop forum spam' website and others.

if you wish to persue this, PM me with your requested username/email address and i will check it with the mods on the forum. i'll ask the admins to check into the filters they have in place to ensure they've not tightened up too severely.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I registered once over there, but it was necessary to wait for administration approval, and when I went to check my e-mail (after a week or so), I activated my account just to be banned right away. It would allow me to login and then ban me right away.

I never bothered with it, but that forum clearly has some problems.

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Just for the record I was able to register there with no trouble. :cool:

Yes, I waited a bit for the activation code but that worked fine.

There must be some other issue or problem.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks for the help guys, im not fussed, was trying to help my mate out. i don't use the program.
    i just wondered why it was, never had problem with any of the other 36 forums i use. i did wonder if maybe a mailbox had been hacked/ zombied or whatever you call it and they had recieved spam from me. but as this is on 3 different accounts at 3 different ip address im guessing they have a problem and outpost support seem to be aware of it.
    thanks again all.

6. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

hi stratoc, your email domain was banned as a source of temporary throwaway email addresses, that domain has now been removed from the banned list, so registration with your email should be OK...

it's possible your friend's email if a different domain than yours may also be on the list, if it is one of the ones remaining on the banned list.

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

you have been of great help, thank you very much for your trouble, it's appreciated.

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

went through ok, got banned after logging this time! i can take a hint :D mate still can't get on or get help from agnitum he's switched to on line armor, thanks for trying though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.