Age of Mythology freezes..

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Director, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Director

Director Registered Member

..when using ESS and Nod32. If I uninstall then AOM works fine. It might play for quite a while and then freeze or it might freeze after a little bit. Anyone know of a fix?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Reading your previous posts about ESS install failure and reading this one , perhaps you have managed to install it ?

1) Try to add the game's files in the Exclusions list so that the ESET product won't scan them at all

Open the user interface (GUI) , press F5 to open the Advanced setup tree , navigate to the Exclusions . Press the Add button . Browse to the game's directory and press OK .
    It will them appear in a format C:\~path here~\*.* . Now , press the Edit button and manually delete the last .* so that the correct exclusions path ends with one * only , for example

C:\Program files\Games\AOM\*

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197730&d=1203060510

2) If you play the game with peers , make sure EAV/ESS doesn't scan its traffic (if it is HTTP) . Goto Web browsers section and make sure AMO (if present in the list) has not a tick but a red cross next to it

X Age of Mythology

3. Director

Director Registered Member

OK thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Yes tech support gave me a link to a version of ESS that was able to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.