Age of Mythology freezes..

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Director, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Director

Director Registered Member

..when using ESS and Nod32. If I uninstall then AOM works fine. It might play for quite a while and then freeze or it might freeze after a little bit. Anyone know of a fix?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Reading your previous posts about ESS install failure and reading this one , perhaps you have managed to install it ?

1) Try to add the game's files in the Exclusions list so that the ESET product won't scan them at all

Open the user interface (GUI) , press F5 to open the Advanced setup tree , navigate to the Exclusions . Press the Add button . Browse to the game's directory and press OK .
    It will them appear in a format C:\~path here~\*.* . Now , press the Edit button and manually delete the last .* so that the correct exclusions path ends with one * only , for example

C:\Program files\Games\AOM\*

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197730&d=1203060510

2) If you play the game with peers , make sure EAV/ESS doesn't scan its traffic (if it is HTTP) . Goto Web browsers section and make sure AMO (if present in the list) has not a tick but a red cross next to it

X Age of Mythology

3. Director

Director Registered Member

OK thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Yes tech support gave me a link to a version of ESS that was able to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.